Clean Penny Experiment
This is a great experiment for preschoolers on up. It works best if you have a few hours when you can let the experiment sit and come back to it later. Doing it at night and waiting for the results in the morning works too!
What you need:
4 clear glasses
4 dirty pennies
What you do:
- Place 1 dirty penny in each glass.
- Fill the first glass with enough ketchup to cover the penny.
- Fill the second glass with 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar to cover the penny and add about a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Fill the third glass with enough vinegar to cover the penny.
- The last glass should have enough cola to cover the penny.
- Label each glass.
- Let sit for 2 or more hours.
- Remove the pennies and rinse
- Compare the results.
Additional Science Articles